Who We Are:
Founded in 2020, the Camden Fellows is a support program for students accepted into the Rutgers University - Camden campus who are current or former foster care youth with lived experience in the child welfare system as an adolescent.
We work to provide a supportive community on the RU-C campus where the Camden Fellows cohort is encouraged and celebrated as they reach their full potential. This includes, but is not limited to:
- A nurturing environment where fellows can expect to receive quality and supportive coaching on a one-on-one basis
- Educational workshops to help fellows realize their educational, career, and personal goals
- Access to funds for textbooks
- Assistance in accessing additional resources and opportunities such as housing and internships
- Engagement in a community of supportive peers and adults
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18-24 at the time of application
- Be accepted as a full-time student at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Camden campus
- Have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Have previous or current involvement with the Division of Child Protection and Permanency (DCP&P), OR any state child welfare agency after the age of 13, AND/OR are at-risk for homelessness
RESOURCES FOR THE CAMDEN FELLOWS COMMUNITY:
The Camden Fellows are grateful to their funders for their generous contributions and for making this program possible.