Alpha Alpha Alpha, or Tri-Alpha, was founded March 24, 2018 at Moravian College in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. Over 100 members of the Alpha Chapter were initiated including undergraduate students, faculty, staff, alumni, and honorary members.
Rutgers University-Camden’s Alpha Alpha Alpha (Tri-Alpha) Honors Society promotes academic excellence and provides opportunities for personal growth, leadership development, and campus and community service for first-generation college students. Tri-Alpha encourages and rewards academic excellence among first-generation college students pursuing a bachelor’s degree in accredited institutions of higher learning.
Benefits of Membership
An affordable national and chapter initiation fee of $30 for students, and $40 for faculty, staff, and alumni.
- Fee waived for EOF and TRIO SSS students
- A certificate and pin signifying membership. Membership is for life.
- The opportunity to meet other first-generation scholars from all academic disciplines on your campus and to join them in promoting academic excellence and creating a supportive environment for first-generation college students.
- Identifies you to employers, professionals, and graduate schools as a person of superior academic ability and commitment.
- Ability to mentor younger first-generation students.
- Ability to receive mentoring from more senior first-generation students, as well as faculty, staff, and alumni who were first-generation students.
Eligible students must be enrolled as full-time degree students in a bachelor degree program; must have a minimum overall grade point average of 3.2 (on a 4.0 scale); and must have completed at least 36 credit hours towards a bachelor’s degree. Neither parents, step-parents, nor guardians of the student may have completed a bachelor degree.
Apply today to be a charter member!
Induction: February 5, 2020